Saturday, November 29, 2008

Broccoli Salad




This is another fave of ours from Mama Nise. She makes this all the time and even my 9 year old devours it!!! I wish I had a picture to post but I don't....so, trust me, it's delish!

5 cups Broccoli florets, cut into bite sizes
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup golden raisins, we use Craisins
1 cup low fat mayo
1/4 cup sugar
3 Tbsp vinegar

Put the first 3 ingredients into a bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl add the next three ingredients and whisk together until creamy. Pour the mayo mixture in with the broccoli mix and stir together. It's better if you can chill it for about 30 minutes but if not just dig in!

** I think Mama Nise adds pecans to her's too. But honestly I don't add anything but the broccoli and the mayo mix and it is still awesome!!
ENJOY!!

No comments: