Sunday, June 28, 2009

An Award and Pizza Casserole...

Or what my kids like to call "Bubble Pizza"! This is so good that even the BIG kids in your house will love it!!! Yes, you're the BIG kid I'm talking about!!! ;)

Bubble Pizza

2 cups pizza cheese
16 oz. browned sausage (or pepperoni, hamburger, or bacon)
1 jar of pizza sauce
2 tubes buttermilk biscuits
*Note: I don't put veggies in this b/c my kiddos don't like them, but feel free to add whatever you would order on your own pizza.

Brown and drain the meat. Cut the 2 tubes of biscuits into quarters. Put the biscuits into a bowl along with the jar of pizza sauce. Add the meat and any other toppings you may have. Mix it all together. Pour into a baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. After baking for 20 minutes, take it out and add your cheese. Now pop it back in the over for 10 more minutes. Enjoy!



Heidi, from Tried-and-True Cooking with Heidi was so sweet to send me the Kreativ Blogger Award. Thanks Heidi, I sure appreciate it!!! :o)



There are rules to this award, so here they are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.


I don't know if anyone will find any of these things interesting, but here goes:

1. Been married to my best friend for 17 years!!! I know this is wierd... but I really love watching him do yard work! One would think it would be nice of me to help him out - nope, I just watch!!! I do visit with him to keep him company though!!! What a sweet wife he has!!! ;) lol...

2. I love summertime because that means I have all of my kids home with me! I hate it when school starts in the fall!!! I know, you're thinking I'm not normal!!! So, please forgive me for not posting more - I'm taking advantage of these precious few months I have my kiddos all to myself!!!

3. I HATE to shop! I hate going to the grocery store and Wal-mart weekly! And believe it or not, I even hate shopping for myself!!! Which is why I tend to not buy trendy clothes! I need things that will always be in style. I only really go what you would consider "fun shopping" twice a year - once for school clothes and the other is for Christmas gifts. And I try to do online shopping whenever I can get away with it! I know - I'm definitely not normal!!!

4. I hate getting shots but I don't mind getting them in the mouth from the dentist!!! Yes, I'm a wierdo!!!

5. I have a bad habit of eating ice! I know - pretty annoying!!! That just reminds me... it's time to schedule my dental appointment!

6. I'm donating my hair to Locks of Love at the end of summer!

7. I LOVE to eat and try new recipes. I don't eat low-fat anything!!! I eat what I want when I want - as long as I'm hungry for it. If you're interested, here's how I stay thin!

I would like to pass this award along to:
Jamie from Mom's Cooking Club
Penny from Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen
Tina from Mommy's Kitchen
Teresa from A Blog About Food
Delectable Dining
Rachel from Rachel VS. "The Kitchen"
Kim from The Ungourmet

23 comments:

theUngourmet said...

I loved reading about you! Your not weird for wanting your kids with you! :0)

Thanks for thinking of me for this pretty award! You are sweet! :0)

Kathy said...

YW, Kim!!!<3 I know, but most moms are ready for their kids to start back to school and I never am!!! They truly are great kids!!! :o)

teresa said...

The pizza looks awesome, this would be such a hit in our house! I loved reading about you. I actually wish I was more like you when it came to shopping, it would solve quite a few problems for our checking account lol!

Thank you so much for thinking of me, this is such a pretty award! I'm going to have to start thinking of some things!

Kathy said...

Thanks Teresa and YW!!! :o)

Katy ~ said...

Bubble pizza sounds delish and fun. We would like that very much here!

Congratulations on your award. You have a beautiful blog, delicious recipes, well written. I love coming here to visit and see what you're cooking.

Donna-FFW said...

Always love learning more about fellow bloggers:) Your pizza casserole sounds like something my kids would so love.

Penny said...

Hi Kathy. I think it is fun to learn about other people and the pizza looks very interesting. Thank you for giving me this award! Now I have to take some time to come up with seven things about me. This could be interesting (or not). LOL

Jamie said...

Kathy,

Thank you SO MUCH for the award. I love it! I will follow the instructions and place it on my blog with my next post.

My kids would love this Bubble Pizza.

I enjoyed reading the 7 things about you. Now I need to think of what I'm going to say. Thanks again for thinking of me.

Rachel said...

I guarantee everyone here would love this!!! I may have to make a separate, miniature one for myself, b/c no one here will eat veggies, either!

Thank you so much for the award...what a great start to the day!!!

Kathy said...

Thanks ladies, I do appreciate your sweet words!!! Y'all will have to let me know if you give the casserole a try. Rachel, I bet you could just put your veggies on one end - just remember which end!!! ;)

Delectable Dining said...

Thanks for the award! It was nice to learn more about you and this pizza looks great! I've written it down for next week!

Tina Butler said...

Thank you for the award that was so nice of you. The bubble pizza looks really good i think my youngetst would love it. I dont mind shots at the dentist either. LOL we are both weird i guess.

Kathy said...

You're welcome DD and Tina! Y'all will have to let me know how the bubble pizza turns out!!! My kids loved it so much that they consumed the leftovers the very next day - and that's really saying something because they HATE leftovers!!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Congratulations on your well-deserved award. The bubble pizza looks terrific.

Aggie said...

Congrats on your award! Love the recipe!!

Monica H said...

this was so fun and I think you donating your hair is wonderful.

Kathy said...

Thanks ladies!!! :o)

Heather said...

We love bubble pizza. I usually make one with pepperoni and cheddar and then another with chicken, alfredo sauce, and mozzarella. YUMMY stuff!

Kathy said...

Heather, those sound yummy! Thanks for stopping by - it's always nice to see another fellow Texan in the Blog World!!! :o)

Heather said...

Hi Kathy, Thanks for stopping by my foodie blog. I'm in Spring, Texas. Is that close to you?

Amy said...

This looks wonderful!! I will be trying this recipe out soon. I also don't like it when school starts! I enjoy having the kids home!

Kathy said...

Amy, thanks for making me feel "normal"!!! ;) lol...

Heather, I live just across 249 from you!!! Small world!!!

Denise said...

Just stopped over from the ungourmet. Congrats on your award and I am going to follow along.