Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Smothered Steaks & Bell Peppers


TASTE TESTED this tonight and it was sooo good! My kiddos of course LOVED the meat portion......

Smothered Steaks & Bell Peppers

4 beef cube steaks, about 5 oz each
1 small onion, sliced
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons veggie oil
2 cups uncooked Minute Rice, prepared as
1/2 cup green and red bell pepper, sliced directed (I used 2 boil in bag)


Sprinkle steaks with seasoned salt and pepper. Brown steaks in hot oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side, remove and keep warm. Saute onions and bellpeppers. Blend together flour, soy sauce and 1 cup water; pour over onions and bell peppers. Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens. (I added about 1/2 more water at this point, for more of the gravy) Spoon over steaks. Serve with rice.


***Next time, I think I'll add some broccoli, my family loves broccoli and I think they'll really like that flavor with it!!**** For those wondering....the steaks were very tender, not tough at all, unless you over cook them, 1 of the steaks was a little tougher than the rest, but otherwise, this is a keeper at our house!!!

ENJOY!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that looks so good!
When you get a moment, email me about the adopt a blogger event. I can't find a way to contact you. Come to my blog and towards the bottom lefthand side you will see a link to touch base.
We'll figure this out :)
Kristen
Dine and Dish
(just realized I'm logged in under my work info. Just ignore that!)

Kathy said...

Cindy,

This looks so good! I like how the steaks are whole and not cut into strips. I can't wait to try this!!! Thanks for sharing :)