Thursday, November 20, 2008

My mom...

No, you don't need glasses!!! This is Paula Deen, but we all joke in my family that NeNe is Paula's long lost twin!!! They talk JUST alike and even look alike. They both have crazy personalities that are just so contagious!!! I love turning on the TV and hearing Paula Deen's voice - really reminds me of home.

Well, here in our neck of the woods - a cold front is headed our way! Paula's show today was about Country Comfort food, so this would be perfect for the upcoming weather. She made this meatloaf that I'm sharing with y'all. It's very different from what I normally make, but I think my kids might actually like it. Let me know if you or your picky eaters liked it or not!!! I think I'm gonna give it a try. I'll keep y'all posted...


Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
1 pound ground chuck
10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 (8-ounce) package sharp Cheddar, grated
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup bread crumbs, toasted
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1 (3-ounce) can French fried onions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck and next 8 ingredients, mixing well. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and mustard. Stir 1/4 cup ketchup mixture into meat mixture, reserving remaining ketchup mixture. Press meat mixture into a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan, or shape into a loaf and place on a rack in a broiler pan. Spread remaining ketchup mixture over loaf. Bake 40 minutes. Top with French fried onions; bake another 10 to 15 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

This tasted just like a Cheeseburger - no joke!!! Three of my kids liked it okay, but of course had to gripe first because it was meatloaf. Our oldest LOVED it and gave it 5 stars!!! Let me know if you give it a try.