As, I was posting this recipe my husband was peeking over my shoulder and helping me out on what to name it. We decided it's the Triple "S" salad! Steven's Strawberry & Spinach Salad!! He's absolutely in LOVE with it...almost as much as he loves me!!! I had made it for bunko a couple weeks ago and it was a big hit with the girls as well! I found it on All-recipes and tweaked it just a little to our liking. We also like to put some grilled chicken on top of it too, but believe me it's wonderful all by its little lonesome! Enjoy!!!
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely, chopped onion
- 10 ounces fresh spinach - rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 quart strawberries - cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- In a blender, blend together the sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion. After it's all blended, add the sesame seeds and poppy seeds. Cover, and chill for one hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, walnuts, red onion, and feta. Pour dressing over salad, and toss. ENJOY!!