Saturday, September 6, 2008

Pizza for breakfast?

Making this dish sure brought back memories of my Mom, and when I was little. We used to love eating cold pizza for breakfast. Well, this sure isn't pepperoni pizza but it was wonderful just the same! My family gobbled it up in no time!!! The kids loved it so much - I'm making it again this week! You won't be sorry if you give this a try - I promise!!!!


Breakfast Pizza

1 can refrigerated pizza dough
1 pound bulk pork sausage, I used Sage
1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
3 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Unroll pizza dough and place on a greased 12-in. pizza pan; press up sides of pan to form a crust. In a skillet, brown sausage over medium heat; drain and cool slightly.
Sprinkle sausage, hash browns and cheddar cheese over crust. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk and pepper; pour over pizza. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 28-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

No comments: