Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Taco Chicken with Spanish Rice

Well, I know it's been awhile since I've posted...haven't really had anything exciting to post...but dinner tonight was soo yummy, or 'the bomb' as I like to put it!! Of all places, I got this recipe from my local HEB! They always cook up wonderful meals that are easy and quick, and best of all, I get to taste test them before I actually cook them!! I'm all about that one!

Here it is! Hope you enjoy as much as we did!!

Taco Chicken with Spanish Rice

1 cup sour cream
1 jar (7 oz.) green chili salsa
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1 pack taco seasonings mix
4 chicken breast (I used 6)
1 bag HEB steamable spanish style rice (cook according to package)

Combine sour cream, salsa, cilantro and 1 teaspoon taco seasoning. Mix in bowl, stirring well. Cover and chill. THIS I WOULD CHANGE AND USE THE RANCH CILANTRO FROM THE PULLED PORK SALAD!!!

Toss chicken with remaining taco seasoning.

Cook chicken in a large non-stick skillet coated with veg. spray over medium-high heat until done. I CUT UP THE CHICKEN BREAST INTO SMALL BITE SIZE PIECES SO THAT IT WOULD COOK THROUGH.

Serve immadiately with Spanish rice and seasoned sour cream dip.

I ACTUALLY MADE TORTILLAS, WE PUT THE RICE, CHICKEN, THEN THE SOUR CREAM DIP! IT WAS GREAT!! NEXT TIME I'LL PUT ON A BED OF LETTUCE AND EAT IT LIKE A SALAD!!

This is a for sure keeper!! All the picky kiddos gobbled it up and asked for 2nds...there were NO leftovers!!!

YUM!! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Tara said...

That sure sound super yummy Cindy! I'll have to try this one after IKE!!! Stay safe!