Here's some "keepers", that we've made over the years, from AllRecipes. We'll be having these over the next couple of weeks, or as the Brits say - a fortnight...
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 lemons, juiced
- 3 tablespoons brown mustard
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- white pepper
- 3 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a shallow, non-porous dish or bowl, mix together olive oil and melted butter. Stir in lemon juice, mustard, basil, and garlic, and season with salt and white pepper. Add shrimp, and toss to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Remove shrimp from marinade, and thread onto skewers. Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate, and arrange skewers on preheated grill. Cook for 4 minutes, turning once, or until opaque.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly coat the asparagus spears with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or to desired tenderness.
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium yellow onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- In a large glass bowl, mix together lemon juice, olive oil, soy sauce, oregano, and garlic; add pork, onions, and green peppers, and stir to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Thread pork, peppers, and onions onto skewers.
- Lightly oil grate. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or to desired doneness, turning skewers frequently for even cooking.
We usually have this one night and then use the leftover meat for Gyros with Tzatziki sauce!
(this comes from Fifi! It's an easy meal that tastes great and the kids love it!)
I can't find my recipe but basically you cook your spaghetti noodles, drain, and then stir in the spaghetti sauce of your choice. You then layer half of that in a casserole dish, then put a full container of sour cream next, then the rest of your noodles and sauce, then top with cheddar cheese. Pop it in the oven until heated through and just beginning to brown on top.