Saturday, May 23, 2009

Good Eats for Summertime!!!

We first found this on MyRecipes, but of course my hubby had to change it up! This was WONDERFUL!!! Here's his version........

No1Here's Fish Tacos

Sauce:

1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 Tbs. mayo
4 Tbs. sour cream
1 tsp. grated lime rind
1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp. salt
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 of a jalapeno, seeded and minced


Tacos:

1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground coriander
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 lbs. Tilapia fillets
Cooking spray
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
2 cups shredded cabbage

Preheat oven to 425°. To prepare sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl; put in fridge to meld flavors. To prepare tacos, combine dry seasonings in a small bowl; sprinkle spice mixture evenly over both sides of fish. Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 9-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Place fish in a bowl; break into pieces with a fork. While fish is cooking, heat tortillas. Divide fish evenly among tortillas; top each with 1/4 cup cabbage and 1 tablespoon sauce. Serves:4

11 comments:

theUngourmet said...

These look and sound delicious! I love fish tacos! Are you going to post your bean recipe too?

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Kathy said...

You know, Kim - I thought I had?!?! Guess not! I'll do that tomorrow!! So, stay tuned...

Monica H said...

Ooh, these look so tempting! They have really good fish tacos at Pappasitos, fyi.

Anonymous said...

Your tacos look delicious. I've made them with fried pieces of fish. Messy! I'll have to try baking the fish next time.

Kathy said...

Monica, I love Pappasitos!!! Especially their mixed grill!!! Yummm!!! Carole, you'll have to give it a try! I'll be honest I really wasn't looking forward to this, but they were wonderful! My hubby loves them but it was my first time to try them. I was not disappointed in the least. Definitely going on our rotation!!! I think for the kiddos we'll have to do less seasonings on the fish. All in all - definitely worth your time!!!

Heidi said...

I have never had fish taco, but have always heard great things about them. I have some tilapia I bought in the freezer and need to try it.

Kathy said...

Heidi, this was my first time to have one!!! The thought of one has always really grossed me out, but I'm pretty adventurous now that I'm older. It also helped that hubby really wanted one and cooked everything!!! ;) They truly were wonderful!!!

Reeni said...

I've only had fish tacos once before and I loved them. These look like a great version. The sauce sounds really delicious!

Katy ~ said...

So nice to have a husband who cooks! I think that's more romantic than roses (though I like roses too LOL)

teresa said...

I ADORE fish tacos, this looks amazing!

Cindy said...

Yummy! I can't wait to try this one too!! I knew you or T would find a good one...heehee!!