Thursday, October 1, 2009

A HUGE hit at our house...


I just wanna give a BIG high five to Melanie over at My Kitchen Cafe for the awesome Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe. It was such a big hit at my house that it will probably be on our menu rotation for quite a while! You SERIOUSLY need to give this one a try! I promise you won't be disappointed.



Sweet and Sour Chicken


Chicken:
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil

Cut boneless chicken breasts into chunks. Season with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in cornstarch and then in egg. Fry in a little oil until brown but not cooked through. Place in a single layer in a baking dish. Mix sauce ingredients (below) together and pour over chicken.

Sauce:
¾ cup sugar
4 tablespoons ketchup
½ cup vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt

Bake for one hour at 325 degrees. Turn chicken every 15 minutes. If you like extra sauce, make another batch of sauce and bring it to a boil on the stovetop. Stir constantly and let cook over medium heat until thickened and reduced - about 6-8 minutes.

8 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

I really like this recipe. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Katy ~ said...

Gosh, this looks good. We love sweet and sour here, too. I prepare chicken quite frequently so will have to add this to my must-make stash.

Amber said...

Yum! Looks good and sounds easy enough!

teresa said...

i love melanie too, she always blows me away. this looks so good!

Rachel said...

My family loves sweet and sour chicken--this will definitely be added to the "rotation"!

Donna-FFW said...

I have had this one bookmarked forever, yours looks fantastic, Ill have to try it and SOON!

Tara said...

Thanks for the comments Ladies! This truly is a "must-make" recipe!! In fact, I think I'm gonna make it again this week...Mmmmm, can't wait!

Susie @ Hick Chick said...

This went on my meal-plan for tomorrow (10/11). I'm going to oven-fry the chicken to save on the calories - I think my mini chicks are going to love it!