Friday, April 17, 2009

No1here's Hummus Recipe...

This is one of my and No1here's favorites!!! We've been eating this together for almost 17 years!!! It goes great with veggies, but we love to eat it with Pita Bread. Enjoy :o)

1 (16oz.) can Chick Peas or Garbanzo beans, drained
1/3 cup Tahini
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic, halved
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pinch paprika
1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
water or plain yogurt, for consistency

Place the chick peas, tahini, lemon juice, salt and garlic in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. If it's too thick - add a little bit of water or yogurt to get your desired consistency. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl. Drizzle olive oil over the mixture. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.

5 comments:

Jaime and Jen DISH said...

Me wanna knibble, looks delish. I must try this...looks great!

Jenifer

J&J Dish

Kathy said...

Thanks Jen! Let me know if you do :o)

Heidi said...

I've never had hummus but would love to try it. What is tahini and where do i find it?

Kathy said...

Tahini is ground sesame seeds - it's like a paste or sauce. If your grocery store has a Mediterranean section - you could find it there. I found it above the olives at my local Kroger store.

Sophie said...

This looks great, perfect for a party. I think I would definitely go for using the yogurt for consistency, I recently tried greek yogurt and found out that I love it.