Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Chicken "Keepers"...


Chicken Spaghetti

1 pkg. chicken breasts, on the bone
spaghetti noodles
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can Rotel
1 lb. mild Mexican Velveeta
salt and pepper to taste

In a dutch oven on the stove, stew your chicken breasts. When done, take the chicken from the broth and set aside to cool. Cook spaghetti noodles in broth. Debone chicken while noodles are cooking. When spaghetti is done, add all the other ingredients. Stir frequently so it doesn't stick. (It's also a good idea to reserve some of the broth after the spaghetti is done and then add back in as needed - that way you don't end up with runny spaghetti!) We eat this with garlic bread and a side salad! Yummm....

* This is another favorite of mine from my mother-in-law!!!!
** You can also turn down the heat by adding mild rotel.



King Ranch Chicken

2 cans chopped chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can rotel
2/3 cup chopped celery
2/3 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup water
1/2 pkg. crushed Doritos, but not too fine!
1-2 cups grated cheddar

Cook your chicken, cook, chop, then measure in one of the empty soup cans. Mix all the ingredients except for the cheese. Put the cheese on top and cook for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven. (I usually add more Doritos because I HATE this casserole runny!!!)

* This recipe came from my college room mate's mother! She would always send Amy back to college with the most amazing leftovers or desserts!!! She was so sweet to share some of her recipes with me. She died several years ago from cancer but she is always in my thoughts every time I pull out one of her recipes. She was a wonderful woman!



I know these two are very similar. I've made both and they're both awesome! I'll have to make them back to back sometime and let y'all know the difference. Both are definitely worth a try!!!

Chicken Danielle

Chicken Marsala

No comments: