Baked Brie with Mushrooms and Almonds2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
2 tablespoons slivered almonds
1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 tablespoon brandy
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 (8 ounce) wedge Brie cheese, coating removed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Mix in garlic and almonds, heating until almonds are lightly browned. Stir in mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Cover with brandy and sprinkle with tarragon. Place Brie in a small baking dish. Pour the mushroom and brandy mixture over Brie. Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
Baked Vidalia Onion Dip
3/4 C. finely chopped Vidalia onions -- (3/4 to 1)
1/2 C. mayonnaise
1/2 C. grated sharp cheddar or swiss cheese
1/8 t. Tabasco sauce -- (1/8 to 1/4)
1/4 C. grated Parmesan cheese (not the powder!)
paprika -- to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix onions, mayonnaise, cheddar or swiss cheese and Tabasco.
Spread into small baking dish or pie plate. Top with Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with paprika to taste. Bake in preheated oven at 350°F. for approx. 30 min. Serve warm with crackers like Wheat Thins, Triscuits, etc. For our group of 12 ladies - I will be doubling this recipe!
Roquefort Pear Salad
- 1 head leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 pears - peeled, cored and chopped
- 5 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, stir 1/4 cup of sugar together with the pecans. Continue stirring gently until sugar has melted and caramelized the pecans. Carefully transfer nuts onto waxed paper. Allow to cool, and break into pieces.
- For the dressing, blend oil, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, mustard, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, layer lettuce, pears, blue cheese, avocado, and green onions. Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with pecans, and serve.
White Chicken Lasagna
1 large can cream of chicken soup
1 cup whole milk
1 tsp. Italian seasonings
1 cup butter
2 cups diced green onion
1 cup diced celery
1 clove minced garlic
1 pound cream cheese
2 cups cottage cheese
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
1 small can diced pimento
12 cooked lasagna noodles
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Mix chicken soup, whole milk, and Italian seasonings in a bowl and set aside. Saute the celery, green onion, and garlic in the butter in a skillet. Then combine the cream cheese, cottage cheese, shredded chicken, and pimentos with the rest of the above ingredients. Then layer mixture and noodles filling your oblong pan, ending with the Monterey Jack on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
Luscious Slush Punch
- 1-1/4 cups white sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin mix
- 1/2 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 (2 liter) bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, water, and strawberry flavored gelatin. Boil for 3 minutes. Stir in pineapple juice, lemon juice, and orange juice. Divide mixture in half, and freeze in 2 separate containers.
- When ready to serve, place the frozen contents of one container in a punch bowl, and stir in 1 bottle of lemon-lime soda until slushy. (serves:25)