Thursday, January 3, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday...

This is my first time joining in on Sandra's Site for Slow Cooking Thursday! What a fun way to start 2008!!!

I've posted this on our blog here before but it's my favorite Crockpot recipe and I really wanted to share it with everyone over at Slow Cooking Thursday!

This is an OMGosh meal!!! This goes great with cheese bread!

Beef and Beer Stew

2 1/2 lbs. lean beef stew meat, cut in 1-inch cubes
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 carrots, cut in 1-inch slices
2 ribs celery, cut in 1/2-inch slices
2 medium potatoes, cut in 1-inch cubes
1 cup beer
1 cup beef broth, or use all beer
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. oregano
2 Tbs. tomato paste
3 Tbs. melted butter
1/3 cup flour

Place all ingredients, except butter and flour in crock pot; mix well. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Mix melted butter with flour; add to the stew. Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed. Turn to high and cook until thickened, about 15-20 minutes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks good, and if you don't have beer/don't drink beer you can sub water.

Thanks for sharing!


MJ

Kathy said...

Thanks for your comment MJ! I must say that I HATE beer but feel that this recipe would not be the same without it!!! :o)

Sandra said...

Oh my gosh, this looks SO good, I'm saving it and trying it :)

I actually love beer so this is perfect for me LOL